Sunday, June 5, 2011

Flowers In The House Summer Style


We had a long and lovely weekend.  But the house is now empty. The Hai has returned to Connecticut, back to his boat and his lab and his computer.  Nirmal's mother has flown back to India, but has promised to return in March to meet her first grandchild. She left me with some new authors to read and foods to recreate.  I gave her a taste for iced lattes and majolica plates.  We'll be doing a little junking this spring. An unexpected but very welcome new friend was made.




We brought home  food, water and wine from the party and I begged an arrangement from Tini.  I usually don't like actual "arrangements" in the house but take a gander at these garden roses, and the sweet peas and the lilac....imagine the scent.  And the peony........oh my God.

The rest of the house is flowers as usual.  Tiny bouquets from the garden, on the kitchen windowsill.  Some needed inspiration for the endless time we spend at the sink, especially this weekend..


Also in the living room, an air plant residing in a bowl of shells and beach glass.



In the bedroom some hydrangea from the garden on my latest estate sale purchase.  A little wooden shelf for $8.00?,  not even a question.



I'll see this as I lay in bed tonight.

And my go to for the loo?  Always an orchid.



Now I'm off to water the garden and sip some more espresso. 
I promise to wash the dirt off before I come to your house:)

xo Jane


No comments:

Post a Comment