Friday, May 20, 2011

Visit beautiful Cooma II - crime, punishment and playtime


Not everyone who lives in Cooma actually chose to be here. 

I'd choose Cooma. One reason is their gorgeous sense of humor.


A lone guard-rose to replace the guard dog.





Anti violence-against-women Posters, found in.....


....the women's toilets.



The art of positive re-framing:  'We aren't a blight, we are a tourist attraction'


This is a prison with a good attitude. 


I love the way they cherish their stuff - the contraption that made the prison's bricks is now part of their prison 'balcony garden', and a trim and orderly garden it is. 



I think all gardens should have enchanted letter-boxes, where strangers or mates can post each other love letters, and other correspondence. Notes about pest management, for the next gardener, maybe.




I'm just guessing, but I think this guy (or gal) really likes their job.

No comments:

Post a Comment