Friday, May 27, 2011

Spring Into Summer


 Spring did not heed my call, so we have surrendered to our early summer.  You can't fight temperatures in the
90's with words alone.


 We're drinking glass after glass of  lemonade. Air conditioners and fans are running.  Flimsy peasant blouses and shorts are the clothing choices and pedicures are de rigueur.  I have a strict no necklace policy going on, rings and bracelets are the only jewelry I can abide.

I'm making salads, GG is grilling, the cat has moved back into her summer house, which is a cave in the boxwoods.  The Lab is just lying about, dazed by the heat, rousing herself only for dinner ( hers or ours) and a walk.  Oh, and the mailman of course.  It's never too hot to give the mailman hell.

The city is emptying out for  the long weekend, and though I work as usual this Saturday I declare this coming Monday, the last of the month, a blog holiday also.  So we'll put off Flowers In The House until the following week.
I intend to spend every minute the humidity allows outside, gardening, eating, and hanging with my homies in the hood.  And eating more grilled corn.



What are your plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment